Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I have to say, of all of the holidays, Valentine's Day is my least favorite.  I don't know if it is because growing up I rarely had a boyfriend at this time of the year or if it justs seems fake.  All the candy and stuffed animals just scream diabetes and cavities and wasted money to me.  In fact, all of the crap I see exchanged at work (I am a teacher and the kids think their life is over if they don't get a $5 stuffed animal and candy for all of their BFFs) irritates me.  They spend more time gawking at that than actually working.  As the meanest teacher ever, I actually gave a test today so that they would calm down some! However, all that dislike aside, it is my daughter's first Valentine's Day party today, and I have to say, I like that. 

I spent two hours last night cutting up fruit and cookies and making marshmallow pops for about 10 (including older kids) kids for my daughter's first ever Valentine's Day party.  I have to say, tired as I was I enjoyed every minute.  I couldn't stop smiling.  I never realized how much I could enjoy doing something for someone else!  I even decorated and stuffed bunches of Dora valentines (which of course my little princess picked out). 

I am truly sad today, however, that I am not a stay at home mommy (although if I was there would be no party-so keep that in mind while reading this).  I am disappointed that I will miss out on this first.  I got to be at her first Christmas party because it was during a holiday break. I want to watch her stuff valentines in the different containers the kids made yesterday.  I want to watch her open them with joy and excitement.  I want to watch her stuff her face with sweets!(boy she is her Pop-Pop and Papa's girl!)

But I will have to settle for making her a mini pizza for dinner (her favorite) and watching her open whatever her daddy got her and what I get her.  She is so spoiled!  But we love her more than you could imagine!

I can't wait until preschool!  By then I will just have to convince myself that I will have to take time off of work to participate in those events.  I will not miss out on my daughter's life-even if mine suffers a little! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment