Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanks for the help!

Thanks to those of you who commented or contacted me regarding yesterday’s request for help!  We ended up letting her cry herself to sleep last night.  She carried on and cried for at least an hour.  We haven’t had to do that in a long time.  I had forgotten how hard it was to listen to her cry like that; when I can easily comfort her.   I slept on the couch outside her room so that I could keep track of how often she would wake up-just to see if it was worth the stress on both sides.  She woke up a couple of times but didn’t cry long.  Though it was tough I feel like it was worth it. 
We have got to set up a schedule again.  We had established a pretty good one when we lived with my mom and dad.  We still have one to a certain degree.  We feed the dogs, eat dinner, bathe, then rest, then bed.  However, we don’t always get home at the same time; eat at the same time, etc.  Bed time is always by 8:30, but not at a set time.  I am horrible at schedules, keeping them I mean.  J  I have to work on this for both our sakes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment