Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nosy Neighbors

Some people just hate what their neighbors do.  Maybe their dogs bark too much or their music is too loud; maybe they don’t take care of their yard the way you like or they don’t take care of it at all.  In any case, there isn’t much you can do about it because you don’t own the property, they do.  With this in mind, some neighbors have apparently never heard the old adage, “Good fences make good neighbors.” 
Lately we have been barraged by neighbors expecting my husband and I to change the way we do things… to suit them.  This just isn’t going to happen.  One, my husband is stubborn; and two, we like the way things work at our house, why would we change them?  We have had one neighbor come multiple times to tell us our dogs bark too much, however, I guess we are supposed to ignore their German Sheppard barking at our dogs for hours at a time.  Another neighbor had the gall to tell us that our security lights are too bright, and he only lives next to us part time. 
I just don’t understand what goes through people’s minds sometimes.  I guess they don’t realize that, in fact, the Earth does not revolve around them and that other people do things the way they see fit. 
So far we have bitten our tongues; but I feel sure they are soon to be educated about fences and neighbors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment